I don’t feel like typing a lot right now, so this post will be mostly pictures. Deal with it.
Check out the disgusting coin door from my Crystal Castles:
The bottom door is bound, and barely swings. I figured maybe I could pop the pin out before I try to sand it down for painting, in the hopes of getting it to open and close like a normal non rusted to hell door:
That didn’t work out so good:
The pin bent over and broke part of the hinge. I could try to bend it back or cut off that portion, but I’m not going to bother. I’ve decided it’s not worth the effort to fix this coin door when I can get another one in decent shape for $20 plus shipping.
The box that holds the coin box and service panel looks like part of the wreckage of the Titanic:
I took it all apart yesterday. In the process I ruined the volume control. It was so rusted I couldn’t get it off easily, and it ended up breaking apart. I have a new one on the way from Digikey.
Here are a few pics I took while prepping these 2 pieces.
Front of service panel:
Before stripping the paint off with a wire wheel:
There were so many pits from the rust on the service panel, I decided to use Rustoleum Hammered paint instead of satin. I *really* screwed up the paint job on the service panel. It dripped like crazy (though it’s hard to see the drips in this pic):
At least they’re not covered with rust anymore.